Beoley Parish Council’s advice and information for residents when commenting and/or objecting to Planning Applications

Who makes the Planning Decisions?

The determining Planning Authority for planning applications in our Parish is Bromsgrove District Council (BDC). Part of the process requires Beoley Parish Council (BPC) to be consulted. The Parish Council’s Planning Committee considers each application and submits their comments to BDC within a prescribed timescale. These comments take the form of either ‘no objections’ or ‘objections’, with appropriate commentary.

BDC is obliged to deal with minor applications within 8 weeks of being formally registered or 13 weeks if it is a major application. There are two routes for applications to be determined. The first is under ‘delegated powers’ which means the decision is made by BDC Planning Officers. The second is decided by BDC’s Planning Committee (made up of District Councillors) at their monthly meeting and this is open to the public.

How can you comment or register your objections to an application?

You are welcome to attend our Planning Committee meetings to comment on any application. Details of this can be found on the first page of each monthly Agenda. You will find each month’s Agenda displayed on the two noticeboards (one in Beoley, one in Portway) and online. Alternatively, please contact the Parish Clerk for further information on 07763 463819.

If you do wish to support or object to a planning application, as well as sending your comments to Bromsgrove District Council and letting the Parish Council know, you can make immediate contact with your District Ward Councillor to share your views with him or her. Your Ward Councillor can then consider if the planning application ought to be determined by the Bromsgrove District Council Planning Committee, rather than be left for the Councils’ planning officers to determine the application under powers delegated to them by BDC’s Planning Committee.

Your District Councillor can ask for any application to be ‘called in’ to be determined by BDC’s Planning Committee, but strict timescales for this apply. It is therefore important that early contact with your District Councillor is made if you feel the application warrants such a course of action.

If the application of concern to you is to be determined by BDC’s Planning Committee, you may wish to attend their meeting. In addition, you can request to address the committee to voice your objections or support, with a maximum of 3 minutes to do so. However, you do need to request doing so in advance and arrangements will be made by the Committee’s Clerk according to the number of people wanting to address the Committee.

How can you view plans and contact the Parish Council regarding planning applications?

Plans can be inspected via the Parish Clerk and online at:-

Comments about any application can be made to Bromsgrove District Council via the link above. If you wish for the Parish Council Planning Committee to view your comments and be considered at our next meeting, then please forward a copy to the following email address: – or post them to the Parish Clerks address:-

62 Gerard Road, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6QQ, to arrive before the day of the meeting.

Who is my District Councillor in the Parish of Beoley and how do I contact them?

The Bromsgrove District Council Ward Councillor for our Parish is Annette English and her contact details are below:

Bromsgrove District Council
Parkside, Market Street
B61 8DA

Mobile:  07510 749766